20 December, 2018

What about my Health?

As many of you back home know, health and healthy living is important to me. And while I'm not able to uphold the same things I was able to back in Florida...I've been making it work for me.

Somehow.

At some point during my stay, I have lost 20lbs (9kg) without really having to do anything in particular. Which was a very nice surprise.

But I wanted to be more intentional.

Which is why I've started back on the C25K app. I've used the app before in training for running a 5K, and felt very successful using the app. I still struggled to run a full 5K, but maybe like 10 minutes of it.

Now, I've started back up. And getting back into running shape.

But uh...

The weather isn't exactly conducive to running at the moment.

Especially in the morning.

My runs have been consisting of 18 to 36 degree Fahrenheit weather. I see frost every morning I'm out there, heading over to the meet up spot. I swear, if it weren't for my running partner, I would've given up and waited until it was warm again.

I'm two weeks away from finishing the C25K app, and afterwards...well...who knows what I'll be up to!

My health is important to me, and it's about time I took care of it again!

#SaveOurToya

2 comments: