08 December, 2018

Lost

Just when I thought things were going right. That I was happy...

Host mom just dropped some news on me that has left me upset.

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas to me.

Now, it's been some time since I last posted, and that's due to not feeling the season. This time of year is pretty special to many people, no matter what they celebrate and hold dear to them. For me, this is a time of family, good cheer, Hallmark movies, egg nog, and hot cocoa.

And I've been trying very hard to get into the spirit of the holidays, but it hadn't been working until this morning when I was sitting in a Starbucks. I could smell the coffee brewing, listening to Sam Smith's version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, surrounded by Christmas decoration, and having a laugh with good friends. That was when I felt it. That spark of warmth.

I felt genuinely happy this morning.

Little did I know that eight hours later, I would hear some news that...well, I'm pretty sure that feeling I had was extinguished.

I've lost it...the feeling of home.

#SaveOurToya


No comments:

Post a Comment