09 September, 2018

Happy Birthday to Toya!

Birthday cake - Blueberry
from Paris Baguette
My birthday fell this week in an odd case of 'Wait, its September?' I don't know what happened, but I don't think it clicked for me that after August came September, until I was in my 5th grade class asking them, "What is today?" 

To everyone's surprise, mine included, it was my birthday.

Birthday dinner was delicious!
Nonetheless, I had a very happy birthday! 

My host family surprised me with a birthday cake and a traditional Korean birthday dinner. It was a night of good food, good conversation, and good people. I couldn't have asked for a better host family! 

I was so very happy!

Outside of the homestay, my friends and family reached out, not letting a little distance come between us. I don't think I'll be able to express how much the well wishes meant to me. It may sound silly, but in all honesty...the fact that people from home reached out to me, it was like they still remembered I existed. It's so easy getting caught up in the day-to-day and the on-goings of everything around you; its so easy to just rely on someone's physical presence as a casual reminder that they exist. Since I'm no longer in the city beautiful, I don't hold it against others when they don't reach out. I understand and am guilty of it myself. 
Apsan with a view~!

In summation (scrabble word of the day), I was grateful and thankful.

Since my birthday fell on a weekday, I was perfectly alright with the small party. I was tired anyways, I was in no mood to get turnt.

However...the following weekend, I went to Daegu and had a such a blast!

Let's just say I climbed a mountain (again!), went to Costco, found cheap good vodka, and didn't make it to bed until 3am. 

This is what 25 years old looks like. At least for me it was. 

#SaveOurToya




No comments:

Post a Comment