09 July, 2018

Day 1 - What is Going On?

This post is coming to you live from my dorm room! Mostly because that's the only place I have wifi...okay. It's the only reason. 😀

To sum up the last 24 hours, which includes my flight and two full days of programming in a sentence, it would literally be, 'Uhh, what is going on?'

Don't let the picture to the left fool you!

There was a bit of confusion at the beginning. Haha!

And that's for a multitude of reasons:

1) Not only am I jet-lagged, we had programming right after we landed. There was a picture taken at some point. And I did not know that it would be used as the 'this is who your homestay ETA will be' picture for my homestay fam. So...I hope I didn't look too bad.

2) There are 79 people in my cohort (80, counting me), and we're all getting to know each other and are extremely excited, but also so exhausted from the traveling. I'm pretty sure I introduced myself to someone like 3 times in one day. I don't know...but that feels about right.

3) Getting into the swing of the programming is a bit of an adjustment. But to put it into perspective...it's like going to a conference, that is 6 weeks long. In a country where you can read the signs, but have no idea what you're reading.

4) All the different foods! I have no idea what I've been eating. I really would like to know the name of all the dishes, but holy crap is it good. Shout out to the Yonsei Kitchen staff.

I'm just going to stick to those four. There's been a lot going on and I'll do my best to capture it all for you! :)

Speaking of capturing, below are some pictures of the various meals I've had since I've been here, a picture of everything that I brought with me, and a picture outside the window!
Dinner :)

Lunch :)
Breakfast :)


All that I brought with me
on this trip.




A view from the plane.











If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to send them in! I'd love to hear from you! 

#SaveOurToya

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm going to be setting up a posting schedule, so look out for it!

      Delete
    2. I love your posts. I feel like I am right there with you.

      Delete